Therapeutic Communities Training
Two Day Workshop
This two day Therapeutic Communities Training workshop is designed to equip residential children’s home providers with knowledge of how to implement an evidence based therapeutic framework. Further, it provides staff with the necessary skills to work therapeutically in a TC.
It is crucial for residential children’s home providers to ensure young people are living in a truly therapeutic environment. Becoming a Therapeutic Community (TC) and joining Community of Communities membership can help you to stand out and improve outcomes for children in care.
This workshop covers key aspects of what makes a TC therapeutic, why it is therapeutic for young people, why group work is important and how to facilitate groups. This workshop is for individuals and whole organisations, whether they are part of the Community of Communities membership or thinking of joining the TC journey.
The principles and skills taught in this workshop are highly relevant for staff who work in a developing TC, regardless of their position.
Learning Outcomes of our Therapeutic Communities Training workshop
- To understand the history of Therapeutic Communities and TC core principles
- To highlight how you can get the most out of Community of Communities Membership
- To generate ideas of how to develop and implement a Therapeutic Community model.
- To understand the importance of group work
- To develop group work facilitation skills
- To help you to deliver structured groups within your organisation.